What To Wear
I know planning what to wear for your photo session can sometimes be stressful but I don't want you to stress! When picking out your outfits, pick out the outfit for the most difficult to dress person first (almost always me!) and then plan everyone else's outfits around that one.
Coordinate but don't match!
Remember to plan colors and patterns as if you were dressing one whole person. Pick a basic color palette and then add a few pop colors. Too many patterns are really busy for the eye when looking at a group. If you add a pattern, let one person wear it proudly and then pick couple of those colors out for your family to add to their outfits. Check out this Pinterest LINK with some beautiful ideas for colors and sample outfits for a whole family.
Don't forget scarves, hats, vests, jewelry, sweaters, and jackets can really complete a look. Layers and textures can be fun and we can always change items out as we go. Don't be afraid to send me an email with ideas so I can help!
Please remember to iron your clothes or wear clothing that doesn't need "Photoshop" to fix it.
Gallery & Delivery
All sessions will be delivered by an online gallery. The digital images are high resolution and you will be given a print release to print where you prefer. The wonderful thing about the gallery is it's also connected to my professional printing lab so that you can order prints through my lab if you prefer. I will receive your order and then personally send the files and order to the lab to be mailed to your house.Portrait Sessions will be delivered within 21-28 days.
Here are a few tips to prepare for the session -
1) Rest Up Make sure your kids are well rested! So many times a parent will say "I thought they'd do their normal nap in the car on the way over..." and then it's a disaster because that's the day they didn't fall asleep in the car. Schedule your session for when they are well rested and not during nap time. Well rested kids are so much more cooperative!
2) Make it fun I want your session to be fun for your kids so I will play a bit, try to make them giggle, bribe them with little smarties or a bag of toys and will have you play, tickle, smile, and relax. Sometimes the most beautiful images with our kids aren't the ones where they are perfectly staring at the smile with the perfect smile but where they are laughing in our arms or being loved on!
3) Be realistic Most children do not have a long attention span for photo shoots and want to be moving and playing - especially babies and toddlers. They aren't too excited about sitting in one place for the camera and their attention spans are shorter so we will try to move quickly while remembering to follow their lead.
4) Mamas Treat yourselves to your hair and make up being done or a pedicure for your session. We want you to feel beautiful and feel as if this is a treat! My clients who come in with their make up and hair done feel as if they've been pampered and they really shine! Leave some time for you to get ready and feel beautiful for your pictures.
5) Bring wipes Snotty noses and goldfish in the teeth aren't easy to edit out. :-) Enough said.